Old November 14th 04, 03:20 PM
Paul B

Default Legacy Lens Compatibilty Question

I want to make the move into a Digital SLR.

I've inherited a 35mm Minolta X-370 SLR camera body and two lenses from a
relative. I was wondering if the two lenses were worth keeping and if
they could be put on one of todays Digital SLR's.

I don't know much about the lenses, the two I have read this

Lens 1:
FIVE STAR MC AUTO ZOOM No. K8606826 1:3.5-4.8 35-75mm 550
(the last zero has a kine through it)

Lens 2:
FIVE STAR MC AUTO MACRO ZOOM No. K8645967 1:4.5 75-200mm 520
(the last zero has a kine through it)

Lens 3... it's about a foot long super telescope of some kind. I don't
plan on using it.

If these lenses will work on a new Digital SLR, it may play on my
purchasing decision. I imagine this is a long shot, lens tech btw old
35mm and a new SLR is probably drastically different.

Thoughts.. opinions?

pb