Old February 4th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ben Brugman

Default Exif data and GPS data.

Hello Reader,

I have a camera, also I have a GPS device (Garmin eTrex Vista). With the
available software I can extract data from the GPS device, for example I can
make the format *.gpx (GPs eXchange format). Other formats can also be
created.

Is there software which can get the data from the *.gpx file (or one of the
other format's) and insert it into the Exif data (and keeping the other exif
data intact). This should offcourse happen according the the logged times.

(I am aware that there are dedicated 'dongles' to collect the gps data and
with the additional software this data can be used in the exif files. But
the function of this is not worth the extra cost of this, and you have an
extra device, where I am allready carying a GPS device).

Thanks for your time and attention.
Ben Brugman.