Old April 23rd 05, 09:44 AM
RichA

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 01:59:22 -0400, Stacey wrote:

RichA wrote:

Where did you gather this? The olympus kit lens (both the 14-54 and the
cheap 14-45) has been ranked as one of the best kit lenses by several
testers.

So the weak point I've seen is actually the Olympus camera, the E-300
itself?

ZzYawn...

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1189841

Yea, this camera really is ****ty..

Your shots are excellent, saturated and sharp.
"Problem" doesn't mean bad, just not as good as similarly priced
cameras from other manufacturers. In most tests I've
seen they've scored it lower for overall image quality
than Canon's Rebel XT and the new Pentax, principally because
of noise. So it's unlikely you'd see the problem much in well-lit
shots where you can use low ISO speeds.
Shots like this might be an issue though;

http://www.photozo.com/album/showpho...cat=500&page=1

-Rich