Old January 20th 18, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Susan Bugher

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

On 1/19/2018 7:02 PM, Susan Bugher wrote:
On 1/16/2018 6:59 PM, Mayayana wrote:
"Susan Bugher" wrote

| No need. PDF XChange Viewer has that option.
|
| Your version may but mine does not.

A followup to the last post. For extracting images
and text from PDFs, the open source XPDF usually
works. You need the "tools", not the reader:

http://www.xpdfreader.com/

Unfortunately, they're only command line. Several
years ago I wrote a small program to wrap those
for convenience:

www.jsware.net/jsware/pdfconv.php5

It's free. I wrote it mainly for a blind friend. The
program can put items on the context menu to
right-click-extract from PDF files. The webpage says
Win7 is not supported. It's not blocked, but it
says that because Vista+ is so restricted. You'll
need administrator permissions for the installer
to set the Registry values needed to create the
context menu. For many people that's just too
confusing to deal with.

If you don't want to do all that and you don't
mind command line, just download the XPDF tools
and use them directly.

Another follow-up post, I've found that using PosteRazor, PDF-Exchabge
Viewer and with IrfanView as my associated image app I AM able to export
each segment of the poster"s image from the PDF file to indiviual image
files. I'm not able to export the image in one piece.

I've been too lazy to look up the exact versions of PDF-Exchabge Viewer
and IrfanView I'm running or to try any more extraction tools but do
appreciate the info.you posted about them. .Some day. . . grin

FWIW - it looks like IrfanView can create the "special effects" that The
Posterizer has incorporatied in it.

OOPS - meant to say The Rasterbator"s special effects.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware (using WinXP-SP2, Win7professional-32 bit)
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.pricelesswarehome.org