Old May 9th 04, 10:35 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default Help!!! Anyone got any film drying tips?

On 5/9/2004 1:47 AM Fire Ball spake thus:

After successfully managing to scratch the last two films I have processed
- my by the squeegee!! - I am in desparate need for a cheap alternative. I
did read somewhere that you could wipe them with coffee filters as they are
lint free and designed & made not to drop fibres. Anyone tried this and
then warm heat from a hairdrier?

I'll second the emotion expressed by consensus he don't wipe the film with
*anything* (including your fingers). It's completely unnecessary to do so.

Use Photo-Flo (or equivalent) at half the recommended dilution (Kodak says
1:200; I use 1:400 or less.)

If you see a bead or two of water on the negatives as they're drying, don't
panic, and *don't wipe them*! Just take a small piece of toilet paper or
equivalent and dab the bead with the corner of the paper: it'll suck the water
right off the film. And as has been pointed out, you can easily remove the one
or two water marks remaining with film cleaner afterwards if needed. (I
generally get *no* watermarks whatsoever, and I just use regular tap water.)

--
I was quickly apprised that an "RSS feed" was not, as I had naively
imagined, some new and unspeakable form of sexual debauchery practised

- Cynical shop talk from comp.publish.prepress