Old May 9th 04, 04:59 PM
Roman J. Rohleder

Default Help!!! Anyone got any film drying tips?

"Fire Ball" schrieb:

After successfully managing to scratch the last two films I have processed -
my by the squeegee!! - I am in desparate need for a cheap alternative.

At the moment I use distilled water with a detergent in half the
recommended strenght (Tetenal Mirasol) as the final step of my washing
procedure ("Ilford scheme") and run the wet film once through my index
finger and thumb. No residue, no scratches.

Using the recommended Mirasol/Agepon/Photoflo strength usually results
in a residue.

Others are using a centrifugue salad drier (I have one bought
specifically for this task ;-).

http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/...de/L5/L595.htm

Attach the film with the spool on one side (vertically!) and a second
loaded or empty one on the other side, close the lid and pull the
trigger.

It works, the film comes out "pre dried", without any water left on
the surface and it will dry out completely within the hour.

free and designed & made not to drop fibres. Anyone tried this and then warm
heat from a hairdrier?

Forget it. Thus you will throw and bake dust in the emulsion.

FireBall

Gruss, Roman
--
"A man should always keep two things in mind:
one is that he is a fool; the other is that he is going to die."