Old April 1st 05, 02:02 PM
Eos

Default Image re-sizing

Sorry for what might be an obvious question to most but I would
appreciate a little advice on re-sizing an image.
I currently have an image which is appreox 3.4 mb which I have been
asked to send via e-mail at 100k.
Using photoshop I go to Image size and adjust the pixel dimension to
340 x 252 and save the JPEG at highest quality (12) and 72 pixels/inch.
However although the image is very good when I send the image it
appears quite small. Saving the image at a lesser image quality for a
smaller file increases the size dispalyed but the image is noticeably
poorer when dispalyed.
I am a little confused however in that I have an e-mail which has been
sent to me which has various pictures attached.
These are reasonable quality (on monitor),display a larger image when
opened, yet are only 30-40k in size !
I would appreciate therefore any (easy) advice as to the best method to
produce a 100k image which is going to give the best quality but yet be
dispalyed at a reasonable size when sent.
( I understand quality v size is probably a trade off ) but your help
is appreciated as to date I havn't really had to bother in reducing
files for this purpose.

Rob.