Old December 4th 19, 04:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default Repairing carbon fiber - adhesive recommendations?

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 11:09:44 AM UTC-5, Davoud wrote:
hh:

Just back from a trip where I had the unplanned experience of my
Gitzo carbon fiber tripod come apart on me.

You wouldn’t consider contacting Gitzo for a repair before gumming
it up to the point where they won’t even look at it?

Not really. Its an older model (no warranty) and Gitzo repair
services doesn't have a particularly good reputation: I'd rather
not be without the tripod for ~6 months.

FYI, the recommended cleaner appears to be denatured alcohol and
if one goes with 2-part epoxy, the recommendation is to avoid
the fast-set stuff because of heat generated; go with 24hr.

-hh