Old February 14th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Lens Cell Cleaning

On 2/14/2011 5:37 AM Cheesehead spake thus:

Thanks all.
It looks like my understanding of this lens is in error and that the
rear cell needs to be replaced.
Bummer.

Whoa just one second. Before you toss the lens, let me bug you just one
more time.

It seems to have been established that that rear cell is a single
element, not a cemented doublet. In which case any fogging would
actually be on the surfaces(s) of the cell, not internal.

What did you use to clean the lens? Maybe you need to try something
stronger, like acetone, which can dissolve just about any kind of crud.

Might be worthwhile, even if, as others have pointed out, the lens is
not that great: at least you'd have something to shoot with in the meantime.

--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet