Old May 18th 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

On 2017-05-17 23:30:06 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:06:45 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-05-17 09:08:57 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Tue, 16 May 2017 20:58:44 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-05-17 02:10:39 +0000, John McWilliams said:

On 5/16/17 PDT 4:50 AM, sid wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

I took a drive up to Yosemite today. Here are few shots SOOC, loaded into
my iPhone (I don't have my iPad or laptop with me) and then to Dropbox.
I did a little noodling about with my X-T2 shooting RAW+JPEG. These are a
few of the SOOC JPEGs. There are some where I tried some longer exposures
with fast running water.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ru4r3z0oad73sj/File%20May%2014%2C%2017%2038%2001.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olv8r01v0cmdv6w/File%20May%2014%2C%2017%2037%2026.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0mcxgeppn1upww/File%20May%2014%2C%2017%2035%2018.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aze9uofuhv2di5v/File%20May%2014%2C%2017%2030%2038.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bw6qp8icze5pin/File%20May%2014%2C%2017%2031%2049.jpeg

Anyway

am

spending the night here, so I will be shooting more in the
morning.

Whilst the detail contained within the shots is all good they are all a bit
underexposed and lack contrast. They are all greatly improved with just a
slight S curve applied in your curves tool of choice.

Not sure I agree; I rather like the muted tones on an overcast day.

Here is a different take on Half-Dome, along with a few of the usual suspects:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epgeyyp4avwbo5l/DSF4554-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl816t3q54tjifw/DSF4570-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj06j4oyn5tsut6/DSF4603-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfkhzj7w7ir4q72/DSF4655-E2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9vhnw0dtn8die2/DSF4715-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kh2pu05ihl478p/DSF4623-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7lj081y5hqtihj/DSF4632-E.jpg

To me, they all seem to have a steely-gray look - almost a drab look.

Well both days were pretty overcast and drab.

The weather is always wrong when you take a special trip. Nevertheless
I suspect it's not just the weather and the lighting of the time.

OK. Yeah, the granite had quite a lot to do with it.

Savageduck