Old April 6th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Apple makes Macs run Windows XP

C J Southern wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message

"C J Southern" wrote in message

"William Davis" wrote in message

Well, the primary point seems to be that in a year or so, Macs will be
able to run virtually ANY software. While Windows users will still

only

be able to run Windows Apps.

Having said that, why would I want to run anything other than WinXP on

my

computers when it continues to perform flawlessly?

Count your blessings and be happy, you're one of the very few.

"Blessings" have nothing to do with it. I simply run it on certified
hardware (as recommended by Microsoft), keep updates up to date, and stay
away from sex (and other malicious) sites.

And I have several hundred of my clients with PCs I've supplied and setup
the same way - they don't have any issues either.

Like I said, count your blessings. We have 12 full time deskside techs
for 600 PC users backed by a team of 6 deskside engineers at HQ backed
by a team of dedicated TAMS at Microsoft and Dell. And we have only one
full time deskside tech for 80 Mac users, and he ends up helping with
the PCs, and we have no deskside engineers at HQ for Macs, and no
special deals with Apple.

You're very lucky, or your users aren't networked and don't run anything
other than Notepad.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven