Old May 12th 17, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Film scanners?

On 2017-05-12 03:22:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 11 May 2017 22:47:32 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2017 22:09:03 -0400, nospam
wrote:

What is the metric for visual appeal? What is the metric for fun?

fun isn't the issue.

Nope. Not for you. Some of the rest of us do like to enjoy our
hobby, though.

I certainly enjoy digital photography; probably more than I enjoyed
film.

From 1958 until 1968 I enjoyed everything about having fun with the wet
darkrooms I used starting with my father's, mine, school friends, &
college friends. Then other stuff happened in my life and I was done
with the wet darkroom and only used one a few times between 1971 and
1974, and never after that. All my darkroom stuff has been sold.

With the arrival of digital photography and Photoshop my old enthusiasm
was reborn. I find I can immerse myself in a whole variery of methods
of post processing. I can apply wet darkroom methodology, or modern
digital techniques. I can use the Adams Zone method, or my own
harebrained ideas, all non-destructively. It is challenging and most
importantly fun.

Savageduck