Old April 21st 17, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Film scanners?

Savageduck wrote:

Shoot and process
in such a way that he has unlimited revision choices, or shoot and
process in such a way that he has to do it right the first time?

Shooting digital doesn't stop you from getting things "right the first
time", and locking into those results without any post processing.
Especially if you shoot JPEG only, and use a camera which gives you
very good SOOC options with in-camera film emulation choices.

correct.

point, in this case, is not what *can* be done, but Russell *wants
to do*. I'm sure Russell knows the options available in digital, but
he chooses to go a different way because "It's fun".

It is always about want each of us *wants to do*, and I am sure that it
is fun for him. However, I am not so sure that he does know all the
digital options available to him, or if he even cares that there are
such options.

he clearly does not know about all of the digital options nor how to
best use them, and that's why his claim that the 'film look' cannot be
duplicated is *false*.