Old September 23rd 17, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On 2017-09-23 04:51, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck says...

I bought a new toy last week, a 10.5? iPad Pro, with 512 GB, the
keyboard, and Apple Pencil. My purpose was to update my old iPad2,
and to see how well it would fit in as a replacement for a laptop
for my photo travels.

I already had the Adobe Mobile Apps, Lightroom Mobile, Photoshop
Fix, and Photoshop Mix installed, and I had read good things
regarding Affinity Photo for iPad. So, I stepped and bought it. The
end result is, I am very impressed, it is so much more than the
desktop edition, which I find to have an awkward workflow. It is
built to integrate with the iCloud file, or any other app. For
example I can save an edited image to my iCloud Drive, and/or
Dropbox, and/or Lightroom Mobile, all of which can make the file
accessible across all my devices, and sync with desktop/laptop LR.

I can transfer image files RAW, and/or JPEG, to my iPad from my
X-E2, or X-T2 via WiFi.

So for any of you folks with an iPad I can highly recommend
Affinity Photo for iPad. Quite frankly I believe that it is
currently one of the best photo editing apps available for the iPad
along with the Adobe Mobile set, and Pixelmator.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/ipad/

Just curious - why not a tablet with a 12" screen - or is that too
big? Would make it easier to edit high res images.

The difference between the 12 and 10.5" is not enough to matter when
portability on a long trip is factored in.

And well, a tablet for image editing, not sure how much sense that
makes.

Image editing on a tablet? Very natural interface.

Personally I need a fast processor, a screen as large/high res as

The ARM/GPU in the iPad's are very fast. Indeed it's a near
certainty that ARM will begin to replace intel in the Apple Mac line in
the coming years.

possible and lots of storage (on a typical trip I take 100-150 GB of
image files, and uploading these to a cloud is not really feasible).
When I factor all that in, the ideal device is a notebook PC.

Hmm. 512 GB is quite a lot then. No issue. No cloud needed.

I can't speak about Affinity, but I can say that I will never buy an
Adobe photo editing product again.