Old April 23rd 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Copying 35mm slides

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:37:39 +0100, "Hirundo"
wrote:

Hi

I have a large collection of old 35mm slides, which I would like to copy
onto the hard disc of my computer.

I would appreciate advise on the best way to do this. I currently use a
Nikon Coolpix 5700.

There are too many, "It all depends".
If you have a lot as in several thousand or more and you want high
quality then the dedicated film and slide scanner is still the best
way to go.

However if you are going for quality and scanning at least 4000 dpi
and 16 bit color depth then you are looking at roughly 120 - 130 megs
per image. That is a *lot* of storage.

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/scanning.htm might help and it's a lot
easier than typing here:-))

Good Luck,