Old August 30th 04, 07:15 PM
Martin Francis

"hassy_user" wrote in message
om...
I am recently the proud owner of an 50mm C Distagon, and am
disappointed, although not at all surprised, that my DX-12R ringlight
vignettes like crazy. I'm considering picking up a used DX-12R and
trying to perhaps file or cut the inner mount so that I can slip it on
past the edge and maybe attach it with velcro. Has anyone attempted
anything like this, and/or have any suggestions?

Not really that familiar with the flash, except that it comes with adapters
to fit to 62mm and 67mm. That would suggest the flash could possibly sit
around the lens (without using the adapter ring)? Are you using the 62mm
adapter, as the lens has a 63mm thread which might explain something?

no, and yes...."