Old February 20th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Floyd L. Davidson

Default Please name the sharpest Nikon lenses

Bob G wrote:
I'm switching to Nikon and I would like you to list the three Nikon
lenses (current or not, but AF only) you think are the best in image
quality.

Best for what?

The Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 is reputed to be the sharpest
zoom lense ever produced. I don't own one, and have no
intention of ever buying one.

The Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lense is also reputed to be one of
the sharpest fixed focal length lenses around. I do own
one. I never use it.

See the point?

Tell us what you want to do, and we can tell you what we
think the best lenses are to do that specific thing.
Just keep in mind that if 5 people respond, you'll
probably get at least 3 lenses lists as "the best"! :-)

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)