Old November 18th 04, 07:55 AM
Yuri Drekov

Woodchuck Bill decided to say......

Hi guys. I think you two are talking about two different kinds of ZLRs.
The Olympus 8080 is more of a medium zoom..5X 28-150mm equiv. This
camera's lens goes fairly wide, and it is not bad for landscapes. I can
see why IS would not be as critical a feature on this camera as it would
be on a 12X super-zoom like the Panasonic Lumix FZ10. They are both
really nice cameras, and have feature sets that compliment their
respective lenses.

The FZ10 has been replaced by the FZ15. Both are fine cameras, though
neither should be compared to the 8 MP Oly 8080. The FZ20 is the high end
model of the Pansonic long zooms, at 5MP.