Old February 27th 14, 12:14 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_4_]

Default hybrid system the hard way? including film modeling

On 02/26/2014 04:51 PM, Dale wrote:

a good thing to start with might be the attempt at co-optimization of
C-41 film and RA-4 paper, and the failure thereof even with the
assistance of hybrid tools, and this is only a two-stage multiple stage
system, don't know if a system paradigm or ideal paradigm was used

if this was a consumer pursuit it would have been good enough with scene
balance algorithms, perhaps as simple as white point balance

no less editing work was achieved with this "as far as I know"

I do know they replaced the RA4 co-optimized paper with their hybrid RA4
paper when systems testing showed enough results to simplify things with
one product for analog and hybrid

--
Dale