Old April 23rd 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default Are todays LCD screen any good in bright weather

Ken wrote:
I have an older Nikon 7900 with 2" screen and even in normal light sometimes
have to take a guess when outside that I have got the subject in frame. I
was thinking of getting a modern digi camera with 2.5 or bigger LCD screen
but only if I feel convinced they are better to use outside. Whats the point
in having to guess the shot???

Anyone with a modern camera with the LCD that will work in brighter
conditions?

I haven't, but my camera also has a live view video output, so with a
piece of wire and a portable LCD monitor which is easily viewable in
bright sunlight (and devours batteries :-) I can use live view in the
sun.

But I mostly use it as a way of seeing the live view when I'm several
feet away from the camera. For simple holiday snaphot portability a
small folding black umbrella keeps both rain and sun off the camera.

--
Chris Malcolm