Old August 10th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default What Is the Best Way to Photograph Your Child?

http://digitalcamera4you.blogspot.co...raph-your.html

| When you zoom a digital camera, all the camera does is blowing up the
| image on the screen.

Funny, I thought nearly all digital cameras (M8 and very cheap P&S being
excepted) had optical zooms these days.

| One trick to preserve the quality of the image is to make the image at
| a higher resolution.

And here _I_ thought the idea was to _get_ quality in first
place, not try to preserve lower quality images.

| When you take a picture, you will always put the object that
| you want in the center of the image won't you?

As likely as I am going to commit underwater mass murder with
chopsticks. _Sometimes_ I put the object there, but _most often_
I use the golden ratio or a 1/3rd placement.

See e.g.
http://weissel.smugmug.com/photos/117558810-M.jpg
http://weissel.smugmug.com/photos/109266105-M.jpg

| You should also take note before you snap a picture, of the margins
| surrounding the object.

You should also look where you walk, lest you run into lamp
posts and walls. Stop carrying coals to newcastle.

| There should be tiny spaces above a person head

A hand width is one common definition --- the hand being in the
scale of the peron in the shot. Again, this is _not_ always
the right way.

| and equal spacing on both the left and the right
| side of the person's body.

Nope. Being off-center is usually much better. Unless you
are doing mugshots of criminals.

-Wolfgang