Old July 2nd 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Why pre-ordering is dangerous (and often stupid)

On 7/1/11 10:13 AM, Michael Benveniste wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:52:09 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

The real fact is that by constraining a case, picking numbers you can
make the case for leasing as long as the buyer does not consider the
longer term cost of ownership.

I suppose I could have, but I didn't.

1 presented numbers which did consider the longer term cost of
ownership by including the buy out. But you are apparently
unable or unwilling to do the math yourself, or even accept
that one _can_ and often _should_ buy the car at the end of
the lease.

That's fine with me. After all, when you and others leave
money on the table, it isn't coming out of my pocket.

Alan has made his case, and he absolutely can not be proven in slight
error, much less flat out wrong......