Old July 17th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Somebody

Default Is Panasonic FZ50 being replaced

"Paul Allen" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:14:08 -0700
Jeff Burke wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:06:15 -0700, "Somebody"
wrote:
September would be about right. The FZ's tend to come out about that
time. I hope the new one is better than the **** FZ50.

It won't get any better until they use a much larger sensor.

A larger sensor in the same package means cutting the effective zoom
way back. There have been a few cameras that have tried that. I
have no idea how well they've sold.

I think they should keep about the same sensor size and drop the
pixel count down to 6Mp or so, where the FZ30 should have been.
The package is very nice. It just needs to go on a pixel diet.
Fat chance they'll listen to me. :-)

Paul Allen

No a dSLR size would be fine by me for the larger sensor. In fact I would
junk my Pentax K10D for a Panasonic FZ60 that offered the larger sensor, 12X
Leica lens and 10MP.

Somebody!