Old November 26th 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com

Default Good photo printer

Be aware that you can get Continueos Ink Systems for many Canon and Epson
printers. (I have an Epson R320.) They will greatly reduce your ink costs
and also let your select the type and brand on ink that your want to use.
Search on Google for CIS or Continueos Ink System Epson (or Canon).

Generally the printers that use 6 or more ink colors will give more accurate
colors.

Also in my opinion you will get the best photo longevity out of a comercial
lap that does light printing. They have a machine that exposes photo paper
and then develops it in standard RA-4 chemistry. Try different ones. I use
the local Wal-Mart and Snapfish. Also at the local Wal-mart the 1-hour
printing generates a Matt finish print while 2-day printing generates a
glossy print.

Hope my 2-cents helps.

William