Old February 11th 18, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

Default Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

On 11/02/2018 00:16, Savageduck wrote:
David B. wrote:
On 09/02/2018 18:21

It seems odd that you didn't fly directly to Cape Town.

Do you know of a direct SFO-CPT, or LAX-CPT flight?

Not personally .... but this is what Google tells me:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SF...MobJgAaDnZa4AQ

There are direct USA-South Africa flights from JFK, Atlanta, Houston, and
D.C. to Johannesburg(JNB), not to CPT.

Google told me this, too:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SF...MobJgAaDnZa4AQ

The last thing I want to do is to connect between JNB and CPT, if I don’t
need to.

Was it REALLY cheaper to fly via Europe?

Actually, the route I flew with KLM was the most cost effective for cash,
and seat exhaustion.

I have little doubt you did lots of research.

Even Google, though, didn't help explain "seat exhaustion". Whatever did
you mean?!!

If I could have afforded it, I would have chartered an executive jet.

Of course! :-)

Whilst many will no doubt feel I don't deserve it, I value your
response, Savageduck. Thank you.

--
David B.