Old June 17th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default Saltzman Part ?--SPAM SPAM SPAM---

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
Richard Knoppow wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in
message
s.com...
On 6/16/2008 11:33 AM weiwei spake thus:

For example,

Spam snipped...
Take your goddamn Chinese spam and get the ****** out of
here. We don't
want it!

-- The best argument against democracy is a five-minute
conversation
with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

Did you report this to his ISP? Spammers seldom read the
groups they
spam. I reported this but it would help if others did
too.

Who do you suppose his ISP is? Clearly not
news.newsgroupbanter.com and not
photobanter.com either, because they are both probably
captive. Could it
really be giganews?

nwrddc01.gnilink.net!cyclone2.gnilink.net!cyclone1 .gnilink.net!gnilink.net!
nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!216.196 .98.140.MISMATCH!
border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!
local02.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.newsgroupbanter .com!
news.newsgroupbanter.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

Every news group reader has a way of displaying the
entire header. Most
ISPs now have an abuse address to send complaints to. It
appears that the
old problem of open relays are now rare so true sources
can usually be
identified. An ISP may not respond to a single complaint
but will if it
gets multiple complaints. I've noticed an increasing
amount of spam on
the rec.photo groups. I think this is partly because the
amount of
traffic is down but also because the regular followers
are not being
rigorous about reporting spam.

... and because the regular posters are burned out by all
the spam and
flaming and just do not care to fight that anymore?

--
.~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User
85642.

Well, it appears I was wrong about their being no open
relays anymore. Obviously this was posted through one.

--
---
Richard Knoppow