Old January 14th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default 20D GETS SOME TONGUE !

MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
wrote:
MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

I like that one, Bret.
I always wondered how they keep from scratching up the roof of their
mouths with those barbs...

www.pbase.com/markuson

I've often wondered about that too. Their tongue has barbs on it so
they can catch loose hairs when they groom themselves. This is why
they get hairballs all the time.

My understanding it that it's for more than grooming. It also helps them
"clean" meat off the bones of animals they've killed...a carry-over from
their BIG cousins, the lion and tiger, etc.

But my sister gave me some info on
how to cure this, you put a little bit of Vaseline on the tip of their
nose. (But don't clog up the nostrils). When they lick off the
Vaseline, it helps them to get rid of any hairballs.
BTW Mark: Thanks so much for your lovely comment. You are a very
kind man!
Helen

www.pbase.com/markuson

Yes, I agree. The barbs are used for more than grooming. Can you
imagine the barbs on the big cats? Lions, Tigers, etc! =:-0
Helen