Old July 11th 15, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

Default Extracting off the screen.

On 2015-07-11 09:03:16 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 21:10:25 -0700, Savageduck

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 19:31:04 -0700, Savageduck
On 2015-07-11 02:14:13 +0000, Peter Jason said:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:06:03 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 09:45:27 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

Win7 pro SP1

I use the Snipping Tool for extracting & saving Internet photos which
cannot be downloaded.

What sort of quality are these and do they compare with the originals
if downloaded normally?

Is there a similar program for downloading Video clips, by selecting
the relevant area on the screen, and just copying? I have programs
such as "YouTube Video Downloader" but these seek the original file
which sometimes is no longer available. Even if a message says this,
one can see the video still operating on the screen.
Peter

If you are after only a still image and are running Windows you can
CtrlPrtScrn to print the entire screen to to the Clipboard as a
bit-map. This can then be pasted to the application of your choice.

I presume there is a similar function for the Mac but I don't know
what it is.

Thanks, but I really want videos that appear on the screen but have
lost their source URLs.
Jing, (and now Snagit) now seem to do the job.
Many photos in Flickr are copyrighted and can only be saved with this
sort of thing.

...and you are willing to admit to stealing copyrighted work to a group
of photographers. Some here are sensitive about that very sort of
thievery.

/humour on/
How come then that you know enough about these things to have enabled
you to give the advice:

"I am not familiar with those available for Windows
machines, but for OSX there are several.

http://www.alphasoftware.co/#!itubedownloader/cjg9
http://www.macxdvd.com/free-youtube-video-downloader-mac/

Then there are plug-ins for Firefox and Chrome which will
facilitate downloads via the browser which should work across
platform.

Then there is another important thing you should be aware of,
5/10/2015 Google changed the Youtube API and most editions of
download apps released prior to that date no longer work, and their
update is questionable."

Now you have retired you can't claim that you have learned all this to
enable you to better enforce copyright.
/humour off/

The ironic element of your response is appreciated. However, I am
perfectly capable of researching these things. After all Google is your
friend.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mac+youtube+download+software

But which way do you choose to steer it?

To the right.
I don't actually have any of the Youtube download software, I have
other stuff to do.

Savageduck