Old January 24th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
scenic_man[_2_]

Default Moderate this newsgroup?

G.T. wrote:
Moderation is a very bad idea on an already low volume newsgroup. It
will kill it off completely.

I cannot conceive of any reason why this would be the case.

I can, however, easily conceive of the group dying out completely
when what few valid posts there are are outnumbered 20:1 or 50:1
by spam.

I can also see that moderation on a *high*-volume group would be bad,
because the volume of both valid and spam messages would be overwhelming
to the extent that the moderator would melt down.