Old October 14th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
ASAAR

Default Did I buy the worst two Nikon cameras (or are they all this bad?)

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:48:22 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

You might want to mention some specific models, as I've used
several of Fujis (mostly the S-series), and far from being fragile,
they are quite robust, and have performed well for several years.
Do you have first-hand experience, or did a birdy whisper some
nonsense into your ear, causing a wee bit of irreparable brain
damage from the accompanying traces of moisture?

I have owned five Fuji digitals. I will never buy another one. All of
them either died of battery overheating or they stopped working after
being exposed to Puget Sound fog.

Fuji makes DSLRs as well as several different lines of P&S
cameras. Is there some reason you don't want to identify the ones
you've used? ALL of the ones I've used are extremely battery
efficient, so there should be no problems with overheating unless
less efficient, battery draining models are used, many pictures are
taken rapidly using the flash, especially if lithium AA batteries
(which can produce a lot of heat) are used. I suspect that dense
fog isn't kind to more brands of cameras than just some of Fuji's
models. Equally strange, is that you'd choose to not identify the
cameras that you deem to be good for use in dense fog. Perhaps
you're not really confident that they're much more reliable than
Fuji's cameras when used in highly humid environments?