Old March 17th 17, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

Default Orchid Shots

On 2017-03-17 03:07:11 +0000, m-m said:

Nice.
Once I was at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh at their orchid
garden and took these shots:

http://mhmyers.com/orchids/orchids.html

Nice set of orchid shots. The orchid in the shots below was given to my
"stepdaughter-from-Hell" about 18 months ago. After the original
blossoms had whithered it has looked quite unproductive until about a
month ago when the buds started appearing on what had appeared to be a
woody stem.

What I know about orchid cultivation is probably dangerous, and my
stepdaughter even more so. All that was done was to maintain the weekly
watering regime as per instructions. So those buds and blossoms were
something of a pleasant surprise, and photo-worthy.

Savageduck wrote:

This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

I found that cutting off the old stems and roots that grow out of the
pot encourages new growth.

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com