Old December 13th 14, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Best mic for Canon 3Ti?

On 2014-12-13 13:06:05 +0000, Pablo said:

Jennifer Murphy wrote:

My granddaughter (age 16) is getting a Canon 3Ti for Christmas. Her dad
says she would like a mic to use with it.

How does she know what she's getting as presents? Isn't the idea that it be
a surprise?

At 16 I am pretty sure that she knows that Santa doesn't exist, and
this might be one of those gifts suggested by, negotiated for, and
probably bought by Dad. The mic might be a suggestion by Dad to Grandma
as a supplement to his gift.
Regardless, of who is paying for the 3Ti, the mic is going to be an
accessory and is only going to be truly needed if video is the primary
use for the camera. If so it is not the greatest camera choice. If it
were up to me I would wait and see if a mic is really needed to
supplement the built in mic.

Methinks Dad is jumping the gun here.

Savageduck