Old February 13th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
wendyl

Default scanners for film

Firstly, thank you to everyone who responded to my last question about
the Epson 3200.

We have decided to buy a new scanner. We have 3 quotations and I would
like to hear from this group which is most recommended by users.

We are a film archive and in addition to stills and documents we often
scan 16 mm and 35 mm film (both positive and negative) for clients for
use in publications, for our own publications (newsletters, press
releases, brochures) and for researchers who often need good, high
resolution scans.

These are the 3 scanners we are considering: Epson 4490 photo, Epson
V700 photo and HP Scanjet 7650. Does anyone have experience with any
of these scanners and what is recommended.

You can answer to this forum and to me privately:
.

Thank you

Wendy Luterman
Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive