Old January 7th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Film scanners anyone?

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:38:41 -0500, Ted Gibson
wrote:

Central Florida...

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone use dedicated film scanners anymore? I have a Minolta
Dimage Scan Elite that I no longer use and just wondered if there's
still any 'value' to it. It looks and works great and is complete
with both slide and film carriers, user manual, CD, AND a PCI SCSI
card. I hate to just 'toss' it...

Ted

Where are you located?

Damn. Wish you would have posted this sooner.

I recently ordered this:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/740...promo=homepage
It's on backorder.

I plan to use it to scan my slides and then re-sell it on eBay. Dunno
how good it is, but I have Photoshop 7 and can tweak the resulting
images. Once I'm done with the project, I'll have no further use for
it.

I was going to buy a scanner with slide copying ability, but I have a
good scanner and re-selling a scanner is a problem. Shipping it would
be a bear.

Drop me an email, and if H-M doesn't come through maybe we can work
something out. I guess you're near Orlando.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida