Old March 3rd 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Default The new C-41 films..

On 10-03-02 18:49 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-03-02 0:55 ,
wrote:

Have you actually shot any of these films in my original post? It's not
like I have never shot film before and was asking for a basic primer on
how to use film here. I was asking for responses from someone who has
actually shot with either of these themselves, if what I have read about
the new ektar film is true etc.

Of the films you mentioned, I've recently shot the Ektar 100 on 120
with fine results - leaning 2/3 stop over as I would with Portra. (EI
64 for 100). This film also scans very cleanly, just as well as Portra
160NC.

If you reread my original post, THIS is all I asked for. Why you wait
till now to post this seems odd, makes me question if you actually have
used this film or are just trying to "save face".. And the fact you post
nothing other than "fine results" to describe a film seems strange too.

As I explained (and you quote below) to me it sounded as if you were not
too sure.

I've used it in studio instead of 160VC as I had heard so many great
things about it. In the end 160VC or Ektar would not have made very
much difference for that particular shoot.

Given the high contrasts in the southwest over a large part of the day,
the Ektar would have been very nice when I was there. (It may not have
existed then).

The tone of your post seemed someone very unfamiliar (or out of date)
with film exposure that I related what I could for your possible benefit.

???? What part of my post made it sound like I am clueless about

Why do you use extremes like "clueless" when all I said was "unfamiliar"
or "out of date"?

exposure? If you reread my original post, you just repeated what I
posted. O.o Oh wait, that's right, a woman couldn't possibly be able to
grasp something as complex as exposing film and retain it...

Oh boo hoo.

I was just relating it from my POV and experience. That it reflects
your experience you should see as a positive. I've learned a lot of
technical and artistic points in photography (and much more elsewhere)
from women. It's really not an issue.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.