Old April 5th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Nikon D200 review on CreativePro

cjcampbell wrote:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Bill writes:

Yeah, well, my technique is lacking. I can't reliably enough time the
shot to get the musicians with their heads sharp if I'm shooting at
1/4 second. So I end up shooting at high ISO a lot.

1/4 second? Yeah, it does sound like your technique is lacking.

While his technique *may* be lacking, I fail to understand what you are
alluding too here. If he has a slow lens and dim light, then he may indeed
have to increase the ISO or use a slower shutter speed (obviously the latter
requires a static subject for a sharp image). So, how is his technique
lacking if he shoots at a higher ISO?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse