Old November 24th 05, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Canon 20D or Nikon D70s?

Per Ting wrote:

How these two compare, the price of cannon is slightly higher, but in terms
of quality how do they compare. I am thinking of D70s with 18-70 kit lens
and 20D with 17-85 IS lens. How do the lenses compare? Any suggestion for
better wakl around lenses to go with each? I have heard good things about
Sigma 18-50 and 18-200 lenses.

Canon has a wider selection of consumer grade lenses but you could
always get sigma or tamron if you want a cheap lens. 20D is a step up
from D70 but add a decent lens and it's quite a bigger price. D70 is the
best value on a budget. Upgrading the lens on a D70 for walkaround with
cost a lot and become very bulky too so look at the Nikon D70 with kit
lens only.