Old November 24th 05, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Canon 20D or Nikon D70s?

In article , perting2002
@yahoo.com says...
How these two compare, the price of cannon is slightly higher, but in terms
of quality how do they compare. I am thinking of D70s with 18-70 kit lens
and 20D with 17-85 IS lens. How do the lenses compare? Any suggestion for
better wakl around lenses to go with each? I have heard good things about
Sigma 18-50 and 18-200 lenses.

Whoever told you good things about Sigma lenses, particularly the latter
is getting paid by them to do so.

The 20D and D70s are in different classes. The Nikon competitor to the
20D will be the D200 which will be coming out in December. At the moment
the D70s should be compared with the 350D and the D70 with the 300D.

For the money the D70s and 18-70mm DX is a very good combo.
--
DD
www.dallasdahms.com