Old August 18th 04, 03:30 AM
Martin Djernæs

Hi,

Ken Nadvornick wrote:
Ken Nadvornick:
What a great photo. The light is really soft and fits very well
to the black and white. If I have to find something to ask for,
then it would be a bit of detail in the shadow.

Thank you for both the compliment and the criticism.

Your're welcome ... and thank you for your detailed explanation.

In retrospect, a better solution might have been to open up the shadows
right on the original negative by using a bit of fill light.

Actually I appreciate your explanation a lot as it tells me something
about how I need to look at a scene .. before the image is taken. I'm
still pretty new at the game and can *alwas* see later that "I didn't
think of that" .. somtimes I'm just lucky, other times .. well I'm less
lucky ;-)

Martin