Old August 22nd 04, 11:28 AM
Colm

Thanks for your comments Alan,

The shot is very ordinary I'll admit. I hadn't really got anything done for the SI, but felt I
wanted to enter something to keep Mr Young happy :-)
The subject of the shot is the entrance to Grianan Ailigh, which is a fort in Donegal, Ireland,
dating back 2,000 years. It commands a strategic view of the surrounding countryside.
http://www.colmgallagher.com/photo/grianan/index.htm

--
Colm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
. ..
: Colm Gallagher - http://www.pbase.com/image/32663387
:
: When I first saw this shot it reminded me very much of
: Chichen-Itza in Mexico. While clearly old, there is so little
: information that we can't really place it. Great detail and
: contrast, ordinary composition, but at least not "flat on" as too
: many recent contributions from SIers.