Old May 5th 04, 02:23 AM
jjs

Default Building a View camera to use Hassy or Kiev backs

In article ,
(Jim-Ed Browne) wrote:

I have a couple of questions. I'd like to build a 6x7cm view camera
with groundglass focussing, like the Bender but smaller, but I'd like
to use Hassselblad or Kiev 88 backs. What would be the simplest way to
rig a film advance, as this is on the body? Also, what doesn't
interchange between the Hasselblad and Kiev backs-is the gear a
different pitch or in a different spot? Is there a reason they changed
it on the Kiev-or for that matter the Bronica SQ?

So get the back that is as wide as you really want to go. I'd suggest a
Mamiya 6x9 back and build backwards from that design to the camera. It's a
no-brainer