Old December 20th 03, 07:37 PM
Dazed

In article , =20
says...

They're both nice cameras, but for the same money, I'd take the Canon. It
has ASA settings to 400 instead of 200 (better low light capability), man=

ual
focus and both aperture/shutter priority modes (if that matters to you), =

and
accepts add-on lenses/filters.
=20
The Nikon, though, is only half the weight, shoots movie clips at 640x400
instead of 320x200, and allows you to zoom in to 10x in preview mode to
check focus.

I'd also recently read that the Nikon has problems capturing at 640*480=20
in a forum, that and I guess the more manual controls on the Canons=20
clinched it for me, as well as already owning some 1700MAh batters (slow=20
8hr charger though). I think I would've got bored of a camera if it was=20
mostly point and shoot.

I've just gone and bought the Canon A80 (=A3269.29, =A345 more than the A70=
)=20
and a ByteStor 256MB 40x Hi-Speed CompactFlash (=A349.99) from Amazon. It=
=20
was =A310 extra for the 'faster' version of the CF card, whether it is I=20
don't know - but for =A310 extra I guess it's worth a try.=20

They're probably both overpriced but Amazon claims it can deliver before=20
xmas if I ordered it today - their tracker is showing an estimated 23rd=20
of December now, here's hoping. I think I'll feel nervous about taking=20
it around town for fear of dropping it or getting it nicked though.

I suppose I could try it out around Manchester Airport - but they're=20
putting the Concord in a hangar after this Sunday IIRC.

Cheers.

--=20
Dazed

Remove 'NOSPAMX' to reply by E-Mail.