Old December 20th 03, 04:47 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

They're both nice cameras, but for the same money, I'd take the Canon. It
has ASA settings to 400 instead of 200 (better low light capability), manual
focus and both aperture/shutter priority modes (if that matters to you), and
accepts add-on lenses/filters.

The Nikon, though, is only half the weight, shoots movie clips at 640x400
instead of 320x200, and allows you to zoom in to 10x in preview mode to
check focus.

Tom P.

"Dazed" wrote in message
says...
You can find the Canon A70 (3mp, 3x optical zoom) for under £200 on eBay
(UK), also some nice Olympus models as well. Not at Jessops, though.

Thanks, any idea how the Nikon Coolpix 3700 compares? Someone suggested
that I can get it for £225 (till tomorrow only app.) I've seen the A70
so far for £220-240 at shops online and the A80 at £270+.

--
Dazed

Remove 'NOSPAMX' to reply by E-Mail.