Old February 28th 04, 09:47 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

Default Asking advice

Bugs Bunny schrieb:

So this has led me to question very similar like Hamlet

a) buy ARAX88 (Kiev) model with lenses I consider fullfilling the basic
photographic subjects - pets, persons, scenery, architecture

I am using a Wiese K88 Six in itīs sixth year. And I am _very_
satisfied with it. And Georg of Arax has earned himself a good fame
within us Sovkam users, but his company is little more than a year old
by now.

The "Kiev bargain" is not the camera, itīs the system and the lenses.
You gain access to a wide range of affordable lenses, to accessoires
and stuff you will never be able to afford if made in Goeteborg.

A Shift lens for less than 400USD? A 30mm for 300USD? A groundglass
for 30EUR? A spot meter prism?

My favourite is using the Arsat PCS C 4,5/55, I recently got a
groundglass for improved image control.

The late Zeiss Jena lenses and the current line of Zavod Arsenal glass
is fine, some lenses are just excellent, even if you donīt take the
price tag into account.

Do you depend on the magazines (will you change films often or use bw
and slide or CN parallel?), do you need a look-a-Hassy for your ego or
a functional camera? If the latter, a Kiev60 might be better suited.
Itīs mechanically more sound and further developed..

Yours truely

/Jukka aka Bugs

Gruss, Roman