Old February 12th 05, 07:03 PM
Leveled

I have formatted in the computer , with the same results. Pentad say, "
could be, card and camera not compatible we would only tell by seeing the
camera" That seems to be my next step. My son says maybe the cards need to
be Fat 16, but I don't understand that."Jim Townsend"
wrote in message ...
Leveled wrote:

My Pentax Optio 230 camera takes C F cards ,it is a few years old and

as
am going on an extended holiday I need some cards larger than the one
64mb
have. Bought San disc 128mb and they wont work ,replaced with Kingston
and
they wont . Both say "card not formatted" and after trying to format in
camera , come up with "error on disc" where do I go from here, Both

cards
will take images from my P.C Advice appreciated Regards E

Strange... It might be the size of the card, but I can't believe the
camera
won't take a CF card larger than 64 MB

Have you tried formatting them in your computer ?