Old September 21st 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Default Hasselblad (Carl Zeiss) lens v. Sony-Carl Zeiss lens on Sony a900

Alan Browne wrote:
I took photos of the same subject (tail side of a Brit pound coin) at
the closest focus of the Hasselblad 120 f/4 Makro (mounted on a Sony
a900). Images are at a slight angle to the subject, best focus is on
the lower part of the coin.

Hasselblad (Carl Zeiss) 120 f/4 Makro (f/8, 1/200, ISO 200)
Full size:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9795863&size=lg

100% crop:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9795862&size=lg

Then compared to the Sony Carl Zeiss 135 f/1.8 at the same distance
(f/4.5, 1/200, ISO 200).

Full image:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9795867&size=lg

100% crop:
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9795864&size=lg

The contrast seems higher with the Hassy lens,

An objective measure would be to do some processing of the image to
come up with the actual image's contrast. I don't know the math but I
know it can be done.

--
Ray Fischer