Old January 28th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Graham Fountain

Default 20D IN DEEP TROUBLE !

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Jan 28, 12:05 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
Surely it wouldn't require 1/1250th though... -Heck, a sprinting NFL
receiver doesn't even require half that fast a shutter.

That fish pic was a "fluke." Using Av (Aperture Priority) mode most
of the shots in the dark water would come out at like 1/30 or so. The
shark happened to be swimming thru a light beam so that shot came out
much faster.

Ok, that makes sense then. Thanks for explaining. I thought you were nuts
originally, by using such a high ISO and high shutter - even a fast moving
fishy wouldn't need a shutter that fast, but if it was just a once off spot
where the light was good enough for that, then I can agree with your choice
of settings.