Old February 10th 04, 08:55 PM
KBob

Default photograph church wedding without flash

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:37:46 -0000, Andrew Liu
wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to photograph a church wedding
without using a flash? The church's existing tungsten lighting is
relatively dim even during the day. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, seriously. Are there
restrictions on your using flash in the church, or what? I've been in
churches like that where even ASA 800 wouldn't cut it. My suggestion
would be to rent a Norman or Quantum portable unit and give yourself a
couple days to get familiar with it. A powerful flash will allow you
to use bouncelight or bare bulb methods to achieve better contrast
ratios and also you'll be able to use a film type that is better
suited to enlargements. Otherwise pray for sun and a change of venue
to outside the church.

These people are depending on you to provide a record of these
memories. Severely underexposed results cannot be excused, and you
will discover that brides are universally unforgiving. I pray for
your soul...