Old March 6th 18, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Richard L. Hamilton

Default The Feds Can Now (Probably) Unlock Every iPhone Model In Existence

In article ,
ultred ragnusen writes:
Barry Margolin wrote:

Yet another good reason to use a dumb flip phone.

definitely not. those are *far* easier to crack. they aren't even
encrypted.

But you probably don't have much incriminating data on it in the first
place.

I agree with the sentiment to not /put/ incriminating data on a phone,
where a dumb phone will naturally contain far less automatically generating
data in the first place.

But I bring up the sentiment that anyone who thinks /any/ phone is /safe/
is a fool, because, for a criminal anyway, the biggest incrimination is
simply the ping to the cellular tower that makes a cell phone work as a
cell phone.

Those who /feel/ safer with brand X phones versus brand Y phones because
the marketing of brand X is better than brand Y, I posit, are fools,
because the weakest set of links of all cell phones are the same.

The weakest part of any device is the wetware - the person operating it.