Old January 1st 04, 11:13 PM
M77

Default how to put the border around a headshot?

"J C" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:30:33 -0800, "M77" wrote:
hicreproductions.com/4.htm

man, you other people are no help at all.

I hope you're kidding about that, cause several answers above are much
clearer than the one you provided.

yeah, that's why the original poster had to ask their question again?????
several of the previous responses were not clear, nor correct.

and by the way, resolution on screen is rated in PIXELS per inch (ppi),

not
dots (dpi), therefore you want your resolution set to 300ppi.

I'd ignore that statement. It is illogical as the two statements do
not belong in the same sentence. Just because you've added a
"therefore" does not make it true.

you're an idiot. digital images are rate at pixels per inch, not dots per
inch.

And I'll tell you why: the resolution of the monitor is usually about
72 to 96 ppi (divide the resolution you're running your monitor at by
the monitor's image area and you'll see).

moron. i never said anything about screen resolution.

So 300 ppi for a digital image has nothing to do with what the monitor
is displaying (unless you're designing web pages).

idiot. you missed my entire point. i'm surprised you know how to use a ng.

There's a much, much deeper reason for using 300 ppi for digital
images.

big fat dummy.